Provalis research trainer
Dr Gwin Nyakuengama founded DatAnalytics, an Australian small business that provides ethical and reliable data analytics advice and technical support services:
• Advanced statistical data analysis of text, time series, regressions, structural equation modelling, panel, survey, survival datasets using the following data analytical tools: QDA Miner and WordStat, SAS, Stata, R, RapidMiner and Tibco Spotfire.
• Supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms, including Naive Bayes; Generalized Linear Model (GLM), Logistic Regression, Deep Learning, Random Forest and Gradient Boosted Trees (XGBoost).
• Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Text Analytics (including Sentiment Analysis and Automatic Document Classification or Stylometry) using a variety of data tools.
• Reviewing of draft scientific reports, theses, journal papers and conference presentations.
• Independent statistical expert witness needs.
• Assisting M.Sc. and Ph.D. students at all stages of thesis work.
Over 20 years leading and teaching research methods, and undertaking data analytics in support of the Australian Federal Government signature policies on OHS, Education, VET and Employment.
Spearheading a major CSIRO flag-ship, industry significant 4-year project with international partners.
Leading, undertaking and teaching quantitative data analytics of text, time series, survey, survival, longitudinal data and forest genetics.
Heading qualitative data analytics of large, national Australian surveys used in public policy formulation and evaluation.
Authoring and reporting research results in various formats and genres; including scientific reports, peer-reviewed- and conference-papers, academic theses, parliamentary documents and media releases.
Providing training and customer support in quantitative data analysis (using Stata, SAS and mapping tools) and qualitative data analysis (using QDA/WordStat) in the Australian Federal Government and an Australian State Department.