From the very beginning, we saw text analysis as both a science and an art. It’s why we are always looking for new applications and new ways to provide our customers with more flexible and user-friendly tools. As communication technology changes we are changing with it. We are adapting and innovating.
We are regularly providing you new versions of our software to respond to your ever-changing needs. It’s our history and our future.
- 1989 – Release of SimStat 1.0 for DOS.
- 1993 – Simstat 2.0 for DOS.
- 1996 – SimStat 1.0 for Windows.
- 1998 – WordStat 1.0.
- 1999 – Wordstat 2.0 – Integration of thesaurus and dictionary building assistant.
- 2001 – WordStat 3.0 – First 32 bit version with correspondence analysis, overlapping categories, integration of WordNet Document Conversion wizard, and more.
- 2003 – WordStat 4.0 – Lemmatization & stemming, heatmap, proximity plot, and new importation formats (XLS, HTML, etc.).
- 2004 – QDA Miner 1.0 – First mixed-methods software, with clustering, multidimensional scaling, correspondence analysis, inter-coders agreement statistics.
- 2005 – WordStat 5.0 – More than 40 new features such as automatic document classification, improved text retrieval tool, proximity rules, creation of and comparison to normative frequency data, second-order co-occurrence profile analysis.
- 2006 – WordStat 5.1 – Improved phrase extraction routine and visualization tools.
- 2006 – QDA Miner 2.0 – New hierarchical codebook system, exportation of projects to XML, new coding revision tools, code splitting, and merging, new visualization tools; complex text search, and retrieval strategies.
- 2007 – QDA Miner 3.0 – Coding of images; query-by-example; report manager; command Log; highlighting or hiding coded text, etc.
- 2008 – QDA Miner 3.1 – Exportation of coded segments, drag-and-drop coding of retrieval results, and more.
- 2009 – QDA Miner 3.2 – New French and Spanish interface, virtual grouping of codes; bubble charts and improved bar charts; integrated statistical routine; new text-retrieval tools.
- 2010 – WordStat 6.0 & WordStat 6.1 – New multilingual user interface (French & Spanish); integrated dictionaries and thesauruses for five languages to assist in the development of taxonomies; improved processing speed by 50%.
- 2011 – QDA Miner 4.0 – New text search tools based on machine learning and information retrieval techniques (i.e: cluster extraction, code similarity retrieval). Geo-referencing and time-tagging tool.
- 2012 – QDA Miner Lite – Free qualitative data analysis software.
- 2013 – Provalis Research recognized as an industry leader by Hurwitz & Associates Victory Index.
- 2013 – QDA Miner 4.1 and Simstat 2.6 – Projects are now stored in a single file, importation of folders, extraction of data from XML database files, and more.
- 2014 – Wordstat 7.0 – New topic modeling tool, link-analysis, improved linguistic resources, enhanced taxonomy development tools, and speed improvements.
- 2015 – WordStat 7.1 – Geocoding feature and GIS mapping tool for unstructured text data.
- 2015 – WordStat 7.1 for Stata – Seamless integration with STATA statistical analysis software.
- 2015 – WordStat 7.1 Recognized as “Trend-Setting Product of 2016” by KM World Magazine.
- 2016 – QDA Miner 5 – Import directly from emails, social media, and reference manager tools. GIS mapping tools.
- 2017 – QDA Miner Lite 2.0.
- 2018 – WordStat 8.0 – Standalone text mining platform with new explorer mode, improved topic modeling, new and improved graphic displays, and more.