Canada – Organizations covered by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) must obtain an individual’s consent when they collect, use or disclose that individual’s personal information. People have the right to access their personal information held by an organization. They also have the right to challenge its accuracy. Personal information can only be used for the purposes for which it was collected. If an organization is going to use it for another purpose, they must obtain consent again. Individuals should also be assured that their information will be protected by appropriate safeguards.
Personal information we collect
Provalis Research may collect, store, use, process and disclose personal data in the manner permitted by law. The personal data collected, stored, used, processed and disclosed by Provalis Research which is required for use of our website or software may include your name, position, company, organization, postal and email address, phone number, credit card or bank transfer information.
How we collect personal data
Provalis Research collects personal data, over the telephone, via email, via the internet if you transact with us online, when you fill out a form on our website, provide us information at trade shows, conferences, activate our software etc. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, including (but not limited to) our partners and resellers.
When ordering or registering on our website or activating our software you may be asked to enter your personal data such as your name or email address. We may ask for further personal data that identifies you, including your mailing address, phone number, contact preferences, and credit card information. Provalis Research does not store your credit card information. Payments are processed through a third party using external payment systems.
You may visit our website anonymously or choose not to give us your personal data. However, without your personal data, we will not be able to provide you with the products or services you may request nor will we be able to respond to your questions.
How personal data may be used by Provalis Research
We may collect, store, use, process and disclose your personal data with your consent for the following purposes:
- To improve our website to better serve you
- To respond promptly to customer service and help requests
- To administer or make you aware of a contest, promotion, marketing survey, newsletter, or other communication or promotional event.
- To facilitate payment transactions
- To review Provalis Research services or products
- To communicate with you as a follow-up by email, telephone, fax or post
- To provide the services, information or products you have requested or to carry out transactions you have authorized
- For research and development in order to improve Provalis Research products and solutions
Keeping your Personal Data
Provalis Research will destroy or de-identify your personal data if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it could be used or disclosed in terms of applicable law.
Types of data not collected by Provalis Research
Provalis Research does not collect, “see” or interact with the data you are working on when you use our software products. If this data is stored, it is stored in the projects or files into which you direct the software to save the data.
Third Parties to whom Provalis Research may disclose your personal data
In providing the products and services to you, and insofar as reasonably necessary for those purposes, Provalis Research may need to disclose personal data to third parties including:
- Our suppliers, subcontractors, distributors, agents, lawyers, professional advisers, government regulatory bodies, tribunals, courts of law, debt collection agents, insurers and to their respective related entities
- Third parties engaged by Provalis Research (who will be bound by confidentiality obligations) in your region or those able to communicate in your language, to ensure that you are better served
- Third parties engaged by Provalis Research to conduct customer satisfaction surveys (only with your prior consent)
- A third party event management platform such as Go to Meeting or Eventbrite to register Provalis Research hosted events, demonstrations, workshops, and webinars.
- In the event of a re-organization, merger, or sale we may transfer your personal data to a third party (who will be bound by confidentiality obligations) during the due diligence process.
- Payment service providers in relation to financial transactions relating to our services, including processing payments
- In relation to disclosure necessary for compliance with a legal obligation applicable to Provalis Research, we may also disclose your personal data in circumstances where necessary in legal proceedings, whether in or out of court.
How does Provalis Research keep personal data secure?
Provalis Research has implemented security measures to protect personal data received from you. The following security measures are in place:
- Provalis Research uses malware scanning. Provalis Research’s website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to Provalis Research’s website as safe as possible.
- Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons duly authorized by Provalis Research, and required to keep the information confidential.
- If you make an online application or undertake a payment transaction using Provalis Research’s website, Provalis Research takes additional steps to protect the security of your personal data. Your personal data is encrypted via a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology (in your web browser, you can confirm that your session is encrypted by the appearance of a locked padlock symbol at the foot of the browser).
- All payment transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Notwithstanding the security measures implemented by Provalis Research, you should be aware there are risks in transmitting information across the internet. While Provalis Research takes measures to protect your personal data, we cannot warrant the security of any information transmitted to Provalis Research online and users of our website do so at their own risk. Provalis Research will remove your personal data from its system when it is no longer required unless Provalis Research is required by law to store your personal data.
International Transfers of Personal Data
In certain circumstances we may need to transfer your personal data to countries outside the country in which the data was collected (or, in the case of personal data collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to countries outside the EEA.
International transfers of your personal data will be protected by the appropriate safeguards, namely the standard data protection model clauses adopted by the European Commission or a supervisory authority, which we will incorporate into our agreements with such transferees of personal data. You can find a copy of model contract clauses for transferring personal data outside the EEA at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en.
Cloud storage of personal data
We may store data on remote servers operated by a cloud service provider to Provalis Research rather than storing it on our own servers. Regardless of where you use our online services or provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located outside the country in which the data was collected (or, in the case of personal data collected within the EEA, to countries outside the EEA). By providing any data through the online services, you hereby expressly consent to such transferring and processing of your data in such third countries.
Transfers of personal data to servers operated by cloud service providers outside the EEA will be protected by the appropriate safeguards, namely the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or a supervisory authority, which we will incorporate into our agreements with such as cloud service providers. You can find a copy of model contract clauses for transferring personal data outside the EEA at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en.
If at any point you believe the information we process about you is incorrect you can request to see this information, and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us at . We will investigate the matter and get back to you.
Blogs and other interactive services
Provalis Research may provide blogs, online forums or other interactive services on its website which enable users to post and share information. Any information posted or shared by users through blogs, online forums or other interactive services will become public information and will be available to other users who access the Provalis Research website.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. As a result, your site experience may be less efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders.
You will have a choice to opt out of any of our marketing activities, and Provalis Research will respect your request not to receive marketing material. We will implement your request to opt out of all marketing activities as soon as possible upon receipt of your request.
Unsubscribe from Emails
How to contact us
Write to us at
1604-1255 Robert Bourassa Blvd
Canada, H3B 3X3