NOW AVAILABLE: QDA Miner 4.1 and SimStat 2.6 July 18, 2013 - News & events
Provalis Research is pleased to announce the release of QDA Miner v4.1 and SimStat 2.6. QDA Miner users will find the latest version, 4.1, more flexible and easier to use, while SimStat users will appreciate the new modern-looking interface of version 2.6 and enhanced integration with other Provalis Research tools.
Considered by many to be the only true mixed-methods qualitative analysis software available on the market today, QDA Miner is an easy-to-use qualitative analysis software tool to code, annotate, retrieve and analyze small and large collections of documents, such as interviews or focus-group transcripts, journal articles, web pages, social media, patents and technical reports, as well as customer feedback and open-ended survey responses. The program can manage complex projects and simultaneously analyze unstructured text, images, as well as numerical and categorical data.
SimStat is a statistical analysis and bootstrapping software offering a wide range of statistical tools, and intuitive output management features. It also features its own scripting language that allows users to automate statistical analysis and to write applications, interactive tutorials, and adopt computer-assisted interviewing systems.
The unique integration of QDA Miner, SimStat and WordStat, an advanced text-mining and quantitative content-analysis add-on module, allows researchers to integrate numerical and text data into a single project and to seamlessly move back and forth between quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
The new version of QDA MINER introduces several improvements including:
- Project storage in a single file, providing an easier way to manage projects, and reduce file clutter
- Importation of entire folders of documents, including their subfolders, and storage of the original file location
- Improved exportation of code statistics with a preview panel and new export formats
- Extraction of data from XML database files.
- A toolbar to search for terms or expressions in large output tables
- A heatmap display of code co-occurrence and case similarity matrices
- Many others (click here for a full list of new features)
Some of the new features of SimStat 2.6 include:
- Data files stored in a single file
- A more modern looking interface
- Storage of statistical results and charts in the Report Manager
- Improved integration with QDA Miner.
For more information on QDA Miner or to download a fully functional trial version, visit the QDA Miner product page at:
For more information on Simstat, visit the Simstat product page at:
About Provalis Research
Founded in 1989, Provalis Research is a world-leading developer of analysis platforms with ground-breaking qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods analysis software. Provalis Research tools are used by more than 2,000 governments, international corporations, NGOs, universities, and independent research leaders worldwide.