QDA Miner v3.2 released March 30, 2009 - News & events
Montreal, March 30, 2009 – Provalis Research is pleased to announce the release of QDA Miner v3.2, Provalis Research’s document management and qualitative coding tool.
QDA Miner is an easy-to-use qualitative analysis software tool or coding, annotating, retrieving and analyzing small and large collections of documents, such as interview or focus-group transcripts, journal articles, web pages, patents and technical reports, as well as customer feedback and open-ended responses. The program can manage complex projects and analyze simultaneously unstructured text, images, and numerical and categorical data. It offers unique integration with advanced text-mining and quantitative content-analysis techniques via the WordStat add-on module, and it can also be combined with SimStat, a comprehensive statistical analysis software tool.
QDA Miner is useful to anyone who needs to code, annotate, search, explore and extract information from small and large collections of documents and images such as social science researchers, market researchers, business intelligence experts, pollsters, CRM professionals, crime analysts, paralegal professionals, journalists, document management specialists and librarians.
This new version of QDA MINER introduces several useful features including:
- Virtual grouping of codes for flexible analysis of hierarchical coding.
- New bubble charts and stacked bar charts for displaying relationships between codings and variables.
- Improved data management features (e.g., incremental importation).
- Integrated statistical routines for assessing the uni-variate and bi-variate distributions of numerical and categorical variables.
- New intuitive text-retrieval tools for easier data inspection.
- Improved integration with WordStat for in-depth analysis of query results.
- Several speed optimizations for large projects involving numerous cases as well as very large documents.
- Numerous improvements to the user interface.
For more information on QDA Miner or to download a fully functional trial version, see the QDA Miner product page at:
More detailed information and flash demonstrations on these new features can be found at: https://provalisresearch.com/products/qualitative-data-analysis-software/qda-miner-whats-new/whats-new-in-version-3-2/
Founded in 1989, Provalis Research provides a family of software that is flexible, easy to use and powerful, with unsurpassed integration of qualitative coding and document management (QDA Miner), content analysis and text-mining (WordStat) and statistical analysis (SimStat)