Research assistant position
Full-time or part time
Are you passionate about unlocking the value of data? Do you have at least four years of experience in research and a strong background in research methodology, statistics/mathematics/digital data analysis? Then join our research team and develop your full potential.
Provalis Research offers a stimulating, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities for career advancement. We value excellence and provide our employees with the support they need to achieve their highest levels of competence.
Scope of work
The applicant will be involved in our research and development as well as our applied research activities. He or she will be expected to become familiar with our text analysis tools as well as with our competitors’ products and develop advanced skills and experience in text analysis methods, developing research protocols, building benchmark data and analyzing experimental data, building taxonomy in text analysis, do literature review, etc.
Our ideal candidate will also act as the main point of contact for our customers and institutional researchers and will develop strong partnerships with experts in their field. Additionally, s/he will provide technical support to researchers who use our software and participate in training and consultation, and potentially develop didactic content and write technical documentation, release notes, white papers, blog articles, etc.
S/he may be asked to participate as a representative of the company during national and international conferences, exhibitions, and tradeshows and may also offered the opportunity to do presentation or perform training at Provalis Research sponsored events.
Required skills and abilities:
- The candidate must have a master’s degree (or bachelor’s degree with significant experience in research) in social sciences (psychology, sociology, political sciences, etc.), computer sciences, education, statistics, linguistics, or related domains.
- At least four years of experience in research and strong knowledge of research methodology.
- Strong knowledge of statistics/mathematics/numerical data analysis.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, a fast learner, loves to be challenged and very comfortable working on a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, both written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak to an audience (including conferences, courses) and a desire for sharing research by publishing journal articles and presenting at professional conferences.
- Must be fluent in English and has working proficiency in French. (s/he may be required to work in collaboration with researchers from around the world).
- This position requires a dynamic individual with strong personal diplomacy acumen and proven leadership skills.
The following skills, while not required, would be an asset.
- Programming skills (Python, R, C++ or other)
- Experience with software such as WordStat, QDA Miner or other qualitative analysis software, SPSS, Stata, SAS, Tableau, or other software used in scientific research.
- Knowledge in qualitative research or mixed methods approach in social sciences.
- Experience in artificial intelligence or machine learning.