QDA MINER LITE – FREE QUALITATIVE DATA ANALYSIS SOFTWARE
QDA Miner Lite is a free and easy-to-use version of our popular computer-assisted qualitative analysis software. It can be used for the analysis of textual data such as interview and news transcripts, open-ended responses, etc. as well as for the analysis of still images. It offers basic CAQDAS features such as:
- Importation of documents from plain text, RTF, HTML, PDF as well as data stored in Excel, MS Access, CSV, tab-delimited text files
- Importation from other qualitative coding software such as Atlas.ti, HyperResearch, Ethnograph, from transcription tools like Transana and Transcriber as well as from Reference Information System (.RIS) files.
- Intuitive coding using codes organized in a tree structure.
- Ability to add comments (or memos) to coded segments, cases, or the whole project.
- Fast Boolean text search tool for retrieving and coding text segments.
- Code frequency analysis with bar chart, pie chart, and tag clouds.
- Coding retrieval with Boolean (and, or, not) and proximity operators (includes, enclosed, near, before, after).
- Export tables to XLS, Tab Delimited, CSV formats, and Word format
- Export graphs to BMP, PNG, JPEG, WMF formats.
- Single-file (*.qdp) project format.
- Interface and help file in English, French, and Spanish.
Special note for Apple Mac users: QDA Miner Lite is a Windows application. Click here for information on ways to run it on a Mac OS computer.
Please note that you cannot import a QDA Miner Lite project into a QDA Miner Trial version. However, you can import a QDA Miner Lite project into a QDA Miner paid version.